The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for package to Bhutan. These must be paid in Us dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan
The minimum daily package for tourists traveling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
US $200 per person per night halt for the Low season( January, February, June, July, August, and December)
US $250 per person per night halt for the High season(March, April, May, September, October, and November)
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
Accommodation in government approved 3 star hotels( 4 & 5 star may required and additional premium)
All internal taxes and charges(including the royalty)
All meals – International standard
A licensed Bhutanese Tour guide foe the extent of your stay
All internal transport(excluding internal flights)
All entrance fees
Mineral water on full board
Camping equipment and Haulage for trekking tours
Entertainment like Archery and Cultural show.
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis.
Tourists traveling in a group of two(2) person or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.These are as follows:
single individual – US$ 40 per night
Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night.
The 10% agency commission payable to agents abroad shall not be deducted from the surcharge.
The surcharge will not be applicable to the representative of foreign travel agents abroad on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
Money Wire transfer
Prior to your trip to Bhutan you will be asked to wire the full payment for your holiday as well as US$ 40 (one time visa fee) to the Tourism Council of Bhutan. There is nothing to feel insecure about sending money to us or to any of the the tour operators in Bhutan such as Norwang Sachu Travels. This money will remain with the tourism council of Bhutan (www.tourism.gov.bt) until your trip is complete. Your tour payment will be take care of by the Tourism council of Bhutan and given to the respective tour operators only after the trip is over. This helps to ensure the high quality of service received throughout your trip.
All tour programmes booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
# within30 days of start of programme ~ no charges
# within 21 days ~ 10% of rate
# within 14 days ~ 15% of rate
# within 7 days ~ 30% of rate
# less than 7 days or without notice ~ 50% of the rate
# after arrival in Bhutan ~ 100%
- A) There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
- B) Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institution shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- C) A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person is a group of 11to 15 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
- D) A 50% discount on royalty shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on royalty shall be provided after the 14th
- E) Visitors availing discounts under sections A & B shall not be eligible for discount under D.